Last updated 20 April 2023.
- Purchase products from us online.
- Access and use our websites, apps and communications, including registration details and information relating to your use of the website and the services, such as the content you access (for example, the products you have viewed, or the search queries you input).
- Interact with us through live chat on our websites.
- Call, email or interact with our Customer Service Representatives.
- Complete an application for a product or service.
- Enter promotions that we run or facilitate.
Personal information is information that identifies you, or from which your identity can be reasonably determined, and it can include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, and gender.
We collect information about you directly and from other parties, as well as automatically though your use of our website (and other instances where we interact). This may include:
- the types of personal information mentioned at section 2 above;
- information you provide us when shopping on our site such as name, payment details, contact details, details reasonably related to your shopping experience;
- information you provide us when using or contributing to social media or our other digital services such as name, email address or social media account details;
- information you provide us when you join our membership programs or participate in our offerings; and
- any other information you provide us when you submit an enquiry or contact us.
We collect and use your information, including your personal information, so that we can:
- assist you with your transactions with us;
- tell you about and improve our products, services, and experiences;
- support our business administration and related functions;
- allow you to join and participate in our memberships or other reward programs;
- assist with any enquiries you make;
- meet our legal obligations; and
- for other reasons you might reasonably expect us to use your personal information for.
5.1 General collection
We may collect personal information about you during your interactions with us including when you participate in those activities set out in section 1.
5.2 Cookies and other technologies
You can choose to delete cookies that are already on your computer by going to the “settings” section in your browser – this should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Even if you delete cookies from your computer you can still use our Site, but your user experience may be affected and some features of the Sites may not function.
5.3 Social media and other third party websites
We also use a number of third party websites and social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. We may use information that you make public when you use these services or platforms. The types of information available for use by us may include images and text relating to us or our products, services, promotions, events, memberships etc.
6.1 General use
We may use your personal information to communicate with you, including to:
- fulfill orders for purchases you make with us;
- provide you with details about our loyalty programs or other offers;
- respond to enquiries you make with us;
- deal with complaints or requests you may inform us of;
6.2 Direct marketing
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information to us for that purpose or if you have otherwise consented to us using your information for direct marketing.
If you agree to receive direct marketing communications from us, we may contact you from time to time (such as by email, SMS, or social media platforms) with information about our products where we think these may be of interest to you.
You can always choose to stop receiving direct marketing communications from us by ‘opting-out’. Our communications with you will include instructions on how to do this, and we will make sure to comply with your request within a reasonable timeframe and as required by all applicable laws.
6.3 Analytics and display advertising
We may anonymise and aggregate your personal information with other information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to assist us in determining shopping and purchasing preferences and patterns, and to improve our product and service offerings including as described in section 5 (How do we collect your personal information?) above.
We may share this anonymised data with our trusted third party providers, including online advertisement networks (such as those operated by Google), social media platforms or other third party services, in order to provide insights about customer behaviour and also to identify and present display advertising to particular target audiences.
6.4 Sharing your personal information
In some cases we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions or services in connection with our business (such as delivery; product repair or recall; payment processing; marketing; surveys; banking; mailing functions; gateway provision; insurance; document management; information technology services including data storage or where we are otherwise required to do so by law.
7.1 Our websites
SoStellar takes all reasonable precautions so that our Site is hosted and operated securely, we use some of the largest, well known most secure hosts available to keep our site and your information secure. You should also take precautions to protect your information. This might include checking that you are accessing a secure server or for the presence of the unbroken key or closed lock symbol generally located either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. You could also check that your URL is secure by looking for the first characters ‘https’ (rather than just ‘http’).
7.2 Credit card details
SoStellar works diligently to protect the security of all of your personal information, including your credit card information. We have partnered with Stripe to provide the most secure payment system available. Stripe is a world leading online payment solutions provider.
7.3 Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by:
- taking measures to protect the physical security of our premises, document management systems, database and records;
- implementing technical measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up and anti-virus software; and
- taking measures so our team members also adhere to internal information security policies.
We will take all reasonable steps to help keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If we no longer need your personal information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
7.4 Contact Us
If you become aware that your information has been subject to unauthorised access, use or disclosure, you should contact us immediately.
You can access, update or correct any of your personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Team using the contact details in section 9. Please provide us enough information, and proof of identity, so we can respond to your request. We will aim to respond to your request within 30 days. If we refuse to comply with your request, we will let you know why.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information please contact us via email email@example.com.
If you make a complaint to us about your personal information, we will aim to respond to your complaint within 7 days. Please provide us enough information so we can respond to your question or concern otherwise we may need to ask you for more information which can delay the process.
If you are not happy with our response, please let us know and we will aim to address any further concerns you have. If you remain unhappy with our response, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at privacy.org.nz.